Texas Offers $5,000 Incentive for Propane Light Duty Vehicles
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) offers $5,000 per qualifying light-duty propane vehicle through their TERP Light Duty Vehicle Incentive Program (LDPLIP). $5M still remains in the program.
Here are some quick takeaways from the state incentive program:
- Statewide, not restricted to non-attainment or near non-attainment areas.
- Any end-user fleet or consumer
- Can be bi-fuel or dedicated propane autogas
- No vehicle destruction and no retirement required
- Vehicle must have less than a 10,000 lbs. GVWR
- Must be an EPA certified kit on the TCEQ’s LDPLIP eligible list (certified kits can be added upon request)
- If it is a conversion, it must be converted within the first 500 miles.
- Incentive reservations can be made with TCEQ if you have a P.O.
Contact the Propane Council at (800)325-7427 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help finding a qualifying propane vehicle, propane conversion system or need assistance writing a grant for this program. The Propane Council, a non-profit educational & marketing foundation, provides complimentary grant writing and grant consultation. We can help!