Act Fast! Propane Grants Expiring Soon
The state of Texas and other organizations have NON-COMPETITIVE grants for propane (LPG) vehicles, trucks
The first program is the Light Duty Vehicle Incentive Program. This program is the most flexible of all the state programs.
Light Duty Vehicle Incentive Program Highlights
- $5,000 per propane vehicle
- No region restrictions. Program is
- No replacement is required.
- Purchase of new propane vehicle (dedicated
or bi-fuel) required.
- Vehicle must be under 10,000 lbs.
- If converted, must be done within first 500
- LPG vehicle or LPG conversion must be on
state’s list, click
The second program and the one with the largest incentive is the Texas Natural Gas Vehicle Grant Program where propane is an eligible fuel for the program.
Texas Natural Gas Vehicle Grant Program Highlights
- You must be in one of 80+ counties, click
here to view eligibility map.
- Old vehicle you are replacing must be MY
2007 or older.
- Old vehicle you are replacing must have run
on either gasoline or diesel.
- There cannot be a lapse in the old vehicle
registration more than 30 days in 2 years.
- New vehicle must be a dedicated propane
vehicle (mono fuel)
- Grant amounts range from over $1,000 –
$100,000 per vehicle
- The older the vehicle, the higher the GVWR,
the bigger the payout.
- GVWR 8,501lbs – 33,000 lbs.
- GVWR must be like for like
- Replacement and destruction of the old
vehicle is required.
Have a vehicle over 10,000 lbs. you want to purchase, but do not have a vehicle to replace? The last program open at this time is not from the state it is from us, the Propane Council of Texas (ProCOT) and could help you. The Council has a fleet incentive program open to select fleets.
ProCOT Propane Vehicle Incentive Program Highlights
- $7,500 per eligible propane vehicle that will be operated in Texas
- $20,000 lifetime cap per fleet
- Eligible entities include government, local government & non-propane business fleets
- No region restrictions.
- No replacement required.
- No GVWR restrictions.
- For new propane vehicle purchases or conversions under 40,000 miles
- Dedicated and bi-fuel both eligible
- Vehicle and conversion kits must be EPA or CARB certified
If you believe you qualify for one or more of these programs, please reach out to the staff at the Propane Council of Texas at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (800)325-7427. We provide complimentary grant writing services to eligible entities in Texas seeking propane vehicle grants.