$15 Million Available from the State of Texas for Propane Vehicles
Last year, school districts, business fleets, and propane delivery companies were able to leverage millions of dollars from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) through the Texas Natural Gas Vehicle Grant Program for propane (LPG).
Now the program is back! The Texas Natural Gas Vehicle Grant Program has over $15M in funding.
Texas fleets in a qualifying area (over 80 Texas counties eligible) can switch to cleaner-burning, homegrown propane autogas and possibly qualify a grant.
Grant amounts depend on the model year and the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR).
Here are some takeaways from the TCEQ TERP program:
- A new vehicle purchase is not required until the grant is approved.
- The older the vehicle you replace, the higher the GVWR, the bigger the payout.
- The old vehicle you are replacing must be MY 2007+ or older.
- The old vehicle you are replacing must have run on either gasoline or diesel.
- The new vehicle must be a dedicated propane vehicle (mono fuel).
- There cannot be a lapse in the old vehicle registration for more than 30 days in 2 years/24 months from the date of submission (copies of vehicle registration are required).
- GVWR has to be over 8,501 lbs
- GVWR range must be like for like. Basically, vehicles you are swapping out must be in the same weight class.
- Replacement and destruction of the old vehicle are required only after the grant is approved.
Need grant writing assistance or have questions? The Propane Council of Texas can help with that. Texas fleets can call (800)325-7427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you qualify this or other grants.