$14 M in Grants Available to Switch to Propane Autogas
$14 million is still left under the Texas Natural Gas Vehicle Grant Program (which includes PROPANE AUTOGAS) from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Texas Emission Reduction Plan (TERP).
The non-competitive grant helps fund acquiring getting older, higher emissions vehicles off of Texas roads (at MY 2009 or older) and replacing them with new low emission propane and natural gas vehicles.
Here are some real grant amounts from the last grant round awarded to fleets operating in the Clean Transportation Zone in Texas:
$9,563 to replace MY 2006 gasoline delivery vehicle with 1 new propane delivery vehicle
$24,383 to replace MY 2004 diesel delivery vehicle with 1 new propane delivery vehicle
$43,036 to replace MY 2002 gasoline delivery vehicle with 1 new propane delivery vehicle
$85,402 to replace MY 2002 and 2004 diesel delivery vehicle for 2 propane delivery vehicles
$130,107 to replace MY range 1992-2002 gasoline and diesel delivery vehicles for new 3 propane delivery vehicles
$250,131 to replace MY range 1995-2006 gasoline and diesel delivery vehicles for 6 propane delivery vehicles
The Propane Council of Texas, a non-profit educational & marketing foundation offers complimentary grant help including answering fleet FAQ’s on the grant, providing grant award estimates, and even help to complete the grant paperwork.
- Funding is first come, first serve. Simply comply and apply.
- Vehicle must operate 75 % of the time in the Texas Clean Transportation Zone
- GVWR of the vehicle under this particular program has to be over 8,501 lbs so medium duty to heavy duty can apply
- GVWR range must be like for like. Basically, vehicles you are swapping out must be in the same weight class.
- The old vehicle or bus you are replacing must be MY 2009 or older.
- The old vehicle or bus you are replacing must have run on either gasoline or diesel.
- The new vehicle or bus must be a dedicated (meaning only run on propane)
- A new vehicle or bus purchase is not required until the grant is approved by the TCEQ. You usually have up to 18 months to make purchase once approved.
- The older the vehicle or bus and higher emitting vehicle or bus you replace, the higher the GVWR, the bigger the payout.
- There cannot be a lapse in the old vehicle registration for more than 30 days in 2 years/24 months from the date of submission unless lapsed during COVID pandemic (copies of vehicle registration are required).
- Old vehicle or bus you are replacing must run. You will need a mechanic to certify that is operational.
- Replacement and destruction of the old vehicle or bus are required only after the grant is approved.
- Fleets can apply at any time. Grant ends February 26, 2021.
Contact the Propane Council of Texas today at email@example.com or by phone at (800)325-7427.