TCEQ Rebates Grants Program Workshops Announced
Newly opening grant program ideal for bobtail & school bus replacements
The Rebate Grants Program administered by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is a simplified first-come, first-served grant program to replace diesel heavy-duty vehicles and/or non-road equipment. The program is ideal for propane industry members looking to replace their older diesel bobtails with a propane-powered bobtail, a school district that wants to replace an older model school bus with a propane one, and other heavy-duty diesel vehicle replacements. The grant is scheduled to open on February 9, 2015.
The grant covers up to 80% of the incremental cost of replacement of diesel minus the scrap value. Examples of grant amounts provided for bobtail replacement in 2014 under the program ranged from $6,000 – $26,000+.
Eligible areas include:
- Austin Area: Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis, and Williamson Counties
- Beaumont-Port Arthur Area: Hardin, Jefferson, and Orange Counties
- Corpus Christi Area: Nueces and San Patricio Counties
- Dallas-Fort Worth Area: Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Johnson, Kaufman,
- Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise Counties
- Houston-Galveston-Brazoria Area: Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend,
- Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, and Waller Counties
- San Antonio Area: Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, and Wilson Counties
- Tyler-Longview Area: Gregg, Harrison, Rusk, Smith, and Upshur Counties
- Victoria Area: Victoria County
Attend a workshop on the Rebate Grants Program
|ARLINGTON: January 14, 2015 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. North Central Texas Council of Governments 616 Six Flags Drive Arlington, TX 76011
|AUSTIN: January 27, 2015 1:30-4:30 p.m. TCEQ’s Austin Office Building E, Room 201S (Agenda Room) 12100 Park 35 Circle Austin, TX 78753
|SAN ANTONIO: January 22, 2015 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. Alamo Area Council of Governments 8700 Tesoro Drive, Suite 700 San Antonio, Texas 78217
|HOUSTON: January 29, 2015 1:30-4:30 p.m. 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. (en Español) Tracy Gee Community Center 3599 Westcenter Drive Houston, TX 77042
The grant program is first come, first serve while funds are available, but applications may also not be submitted later than June 26, 2015. To download an application or for more information, please visit http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/airquality/terp/.